IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CHANGES IN U.S. DEPORTATION POLICIES
- Has been CONVICTED of ANY criminal offense (this could mean misdemeanors and potentially even minor traffic violations);
- Has been CHARGED with ANY criminal offense that has not yet been resolved (so even minor traffic violations, potentially);
- Has done something that is illegal (even if they haven’t been charged);
- Has engaged in fraud or willful misrepresentation in any official matter or application with a government agency (such as immigration applications);*
- Has abused any program providing public benefits;
- Has received a final order of removal, but has not departed; or,
- In the judgement of an immigration officer, is a risk to public safety or national security.
Can I ask for political asylum from outside the US?
Can I apply for asylum when crossing the border?
Can I apply for political asylum if I am illegally in the US?
How long does it take to get an interview for asylum?
Contact Attorney J.Greenberg
Be aware of all the developments in US Immigration Policy
will always keep you up to date on Facebook