As proof of your authorization to live and work in the United States, a valid green card must always be in your possession.

Professional Security

Using our cutting-edge online platform, you will be able to access, check the status of, and edit your case information from anywhere. Need to submit documents to your attorney? Login when it’s convenient and even from your mobile device.

Comfortably Access Your Case

Rest easy with us in charge of your personal information. We use highly advanced security measures to protect your personal data and documents. We will never release your information without your consent, to anyone.

Client Support

Reach someone from our team of experienced Attorneys and Paralegal staff from anywhere. Our team members speak English, Spanish, Russian, and Portuguese. If we can’t speak your language, we will find someone who can, and at no cost.

Excellent Services for Your $

We appreciate that you worked hard for your money. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and through our highly innovative online case management software, we have been able to cut costs and pass our savings on to our clients.

Now that you have a Green Card, don’t take it for granted. Small enough to fit in your wallet, this document serves as official identification, proof of your lawful permanent residency, and proof that you are allowed to work in the United States. A valid Green Card also allows you to re-enter the United States after you have been abroad.

By law you must always have it with you, but it is also important to replace it if it is lost, stolen, or damaged. Unless you received your Green Card on a conditional basis, you must also renew it from time to time. Here’s what you need to know about replacing and renewing your Green Card.

How to Report and Replace a Lost or Stolen Green Card

If you lose your Green Card, or if it was stolen while you were in the United States, report it to the local authorities (police) immediately. If you have a copy of the card, and/or any information pertaining to it, be sure to bring it to the police station. You should also do the following:

  • Print out the current version of Form I-90, which is available on the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website.
  • Read the instructions carefully to see which supporting documents you’ll need (ie: copies of your birth certificate, driver’s license, passport, and so forth).
  • Fill out the form you’ve printed, or complete it online and provide the requested copies of supporting documents.
  • Review the form and then send everything, including the $455 filing fee to USCIS (or follow the instructions for filing online).
  • Await information from USCIS about your biometrics appointment (there is an $85 biometrics services fee associated with this appointment).
  • Go to an appointment at your local immigration field office to obtain an I-551 stamp or temporary proof that you are a lawful permanent resident of the United States.
  • Await receipt of your new Green Card by mail.

If your Green Card was lost or stolen while you were outside the U.S., you can get the travel document you need to re-enter the United States by completing an Application for Travel Document (Form I-131A) and filing it at the closest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. As soon as you get back to the U.S., you should apply for a new Green Card by completing and filing Form I-90 with USCIS.


How to Report and Replace a Damaged or Destroyed Green Card

You must also replace your Green Card if it has been damaged or destroyed. In either case, you can do so by completing and filing Form I-90 with USCIS. The filing fee is $455 and the biometrics services fee is $85. You may file the form online, or send the paper application to:


P.O. Box 21262

Phoenix, AZ 85036

(for applications sent by mail — United States Postal Service only)



Attention: I-90

1820 E. Skyharbor, Circle S, Floor 1

Suite 100

Phoenix, AZ 85034

(for applications sent by courier service — FedEx, UPS, and DHL only)

How to Renew Your Green Card

Your permanent Green Card is valid for 10 years. You  must renew it by filing Form I-90 with USCIS if:

  • Your card will expire within six months or has already expired.
  • You just turned 14 and your current card will expire after your 16th birthday.
  • You just turned 14 and your current card will expire before your 16th birthday.

If there is no expiration date on the permanent Green Card you now have, you must renew it immediately. The absence of an expiration date indicates that the card was issued before 1990 and is therefore invalid.

However, you cannot use Form I-90 to renew your Green Card if you have one issued on a conditional basis. Instead, you must use Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to remove conditions on a Green Card obtained through marriage; or

Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions, to remove conditions on a Green Card obtained through financial investment in a U.S. business before the card you now have expired.

Other Reasons for Replacing Your Green Card

Legally, there are many other reasons why you must renew or replace your Green Card. You can do so by filing Form I-90 with USCIS if:

  • You are legally classified as a “commuter” but you are now actually taking up residence in the U.S.
  • If you have been a permanent resident living here but you can now be legally classified as a “commuter.”
  • If you are a Special Agricultural Worker whose status was automatically switched to “permanent resident.”
  • If you have an old/outdated “alien registration card” that is no longer viable proof of your immigration status.
  • If there is erroneous information on your current Green Card.
  • If any of the information on the card (such as your name) has legally changed as a result of marriage divorce or other circumstances.
  • If you successfully applied for but never received a card from USCIS.

For information about filing and/or biometrics services fees associated with these categories, visit the Form I-90 page on the USCIS website.

Becoming a US citizen entails specific rights, duties, and the following benefits: consular protection outside the United States; ability to sponsor relatives living abroad; ability to invest in the US real property without triggering additional taxes; transmitting US citizenship to children; protection from deportation and others. U.S. law permits multiple citizenship. A citizen of another country naturalized as a U.S. citizen may retain his previous citizenship


The H-1B Nonimmigrant Visa is a visa that allows individuals to work in what the law calls, “specialty occupations.” What…
Read more
Want to live in the United States? Always dreamed of starting and investing in your own business? If so, an…
Read more
Are you an athlete that wants to come to the United States in order to play your sport? Well regardless…
Read more
Write a review
Джума Мыратгелдиев
Джума Мыратгелдиев
Great attorney, easy to work with, highly recommend, my case was dismissed Thank you so much Igor LITVAK
Really helpful good lawyer
Nida Kumar
Nida Kumar
Mr. Igor is one of the best lawyer, I have ever met. He had been so kind and full of understanding. Had a privilege to hire him to represent us in federal court. And he did everything possible, to get us out of the trouble. A true man of words. Highly recommended.
Alexandra Dordzhieva
Alexandra Dordzhieva
Good lawyer, helped us in a case
Karl Mukaz
Karl Mukaz
Had the best experience with Igor! Fast, reliable and professional! Highly recommend!
Jekaterina Shapovalova
Jekaterina Shapovalova
Igor Litvak is an outstanding lawyer in New York, and I am beyond impressed with his level of professionalism and expertise. I recently had the privilege of working with him on a complex legal matter, and his knowledge, dedication, and attention to detail were simply unparalleled. From our initial consultation to the resolution of my case, Mr. Litvak went above and beyond to ensure that I understood all aspects of the legal process and was always kept up to date on the status of my case. He provided sound advice, was always available to answer any questions, and took a personalized approach to my legal needs. Mr. Litvak is not only a brilliant attorney, but he is also an exceptional communicator and an empathetic advocate. He is a true professional who genuinely cares about his clients and their well-being, and I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of legal services. If you want an attorney who is not only knowledgeable, but also compassionate, diligent, and committed to achieving the best possible outcome for his clients, then look no further than Mr. Litvak. He is simply the best.
renier valle
renier valle
A very good attorney, I highly recommand him, i had a major criminal case which he resolved with no record. Just a great attorney.
The best attorney you can get, he will fight for you like he did for me, he was also very detailed on the case and always answering his call, you actually get to have his cell phone. Highly recommended.
lady jackey
lady jackey
Very reliable, and friendly staff, they were very patient with me throughout my vwa case It was a pleasure working with them
Scroll to top