Foreign nationals wishing to enter the United States must typically obtain a visa. Visas are divided into two general categories: 1) immigrant visas, which are issued to aliens wanting to become permanent U.S. residents, and 2) nonimmigrant visas, which give permission for a limited stay for a specific purpose.

Home > Visas

If you were allowed into the United States with a nonimmigrant visa, typically you can apply to change your nonimmigrant status if you meet certain requirements.

Each year, thousands of foreign workers from many different professional disciplines obtain an H-1B visa and are welcomed into the United States to work.

There are two types of nonimmigrant visas that are available to individuals wanting to study in the United States.

The L-1 visa is a temporary non-immigrant visa that allows companies to transfer foreign qualified employees to a United States subsidiary or parent company.

A P visa is a temporary employment visa available to alien artists, entertainers, and athletes, as well as their children and spouses.

Are you business minded? Do you have some capital and some time to invest? Do you want to live and work in the United States for a few years developing a business enterprise? If so, these non-immigrant visas may be the right choice for you, assuming you’d like to either expand your current foreign business into the United States, or start a completely new one.

If your permanent residence status was granted because of a marriage that was less than 2 years old at the time, it is conditional. You must remove these conditions to become a lawful permanent resident.


will always keep you up to date on Facebook

Scroll to top